Published online on 16 December 2021 – the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain, including the following key annual figures (2020/21):
- 1.7 million working people suffering from work-related ill health.
- 93,000 workers suffering from COVID-19 which they believe may have been due to coronavirus exposure at work.
- 645,000 workers suffering from a work-related illness caused or made worse by the effect of the pandemic.
- 2,369 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2019).
- 142 workers killed at work.
- 441,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey.
- 51,211 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR.
For more information:
- View the HSE press release, which includes comments from Sarah Albon, HSE Chief Executive.
If you require Health and Safety advice in Poole, Bournemouth, Dorset or surrounding areas, please contact MSP.